Does your neighbourhood have covenants restricting your options when it comes to exterior painting or decorating?
Are you sure?
More communities are making requirements about the materials, colours, and maintenance required of homeowners. We've seen covenants requiring all of these things:
- Painting must be approved by the council before beginning.
- Any changes to colours must be approved.
- All colours must be pre-approved by the council.
- No more than 70% of the exterior of a home may be of a single material.
- Only earth tones may be used.
- Air-conditioning units must be painted to match the walls.