No, not that kind of wall art. We're talking about patterns for DIY embellishments for your walls!
You've seen clever handpainted murals or stenciling, but these patterns are made for you to try on your own.
- Wattyl has a fun collection of Loony Toons wall art ideas for kids' rooms. Download the simple templates for free and follow the suggestions to create geometric designs in multiple loony moods.
- A poodle silhouette from Elle Decoration makes a fun accent or a pretty stencil pattern all over the walls. Again, a child's room seems like the obvious place for this, but it would make a perfect pattern for a dog groomer's shop or for a light-hearted touch in a dog-fancier's den.
- A quatrefoil stencil to print and cut will give you a sophisticated yet fun all-over pattern for a wall.
- Wall & Mural Stencils offers a number of free stencil designs in styles ranging from art deco and art nouveau to naturalistic looks and Asian-inspired designs.
- Crafty Moods has a tree pattern designed to be cut from wallpaper and adhered to the wall. This pattern is printed out on multiple pages of ordinary printer paper, and there is a step by step tutorial.