New paint trends for the spring are following the news on the fashion runway: bold, bright, and brash. Aussies are especially partial to bright blues so far, but citrus shades are expected to appeal to everyone when the weather gets warm again.
If you've already started dreaming about spring, think about using these saturated colours in your decorating scheme:
- Paint your walls in sun-drenched colours and bring in neutral or natural coloured furnishings.
- Paint in neutral colours and use bright colours in soft furnishings.
- Go with a focus wall in a bright hue with neutral shades on the rest of the walls.
- Combine coordinating brights in walls and trim.
- Use several different brights in accessories and wall art, choosing one (or a softer shade of one) for the walls.
See Kirrily Johnson's Dulux paint colour Lickedy Lick on the walls in the video below from the Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Show earlier this month:
What? You don't look at the walls when you watch a fashion show?